I'm the Hen Ferchetan. This is my take on the world through the eyes of Wales. While mostly about Welsh politics (that most famous of dour topics!) I try to scatter some humour around, but I doubt anyone but me will find it funny! Have a read, and if it bores you then feel free to never come back!

Wednesday 5 November 2008

Coat-Tail Hanger On

Blog post by Lib Dem Leadership contender Kirsty Williams:
As the world turns to a new generation of leaders with Barack in America and Tavish Scott and Nick Clegg in Scotland and the UK there should be no doubt about the opportunity we Welsh Liberal Democrats find ahead of us.
Ouch. Just...ouch! What price Barack Obama makes a speech this week about how great it is that the world is turning to people like him, Tavish and Nick! I'll give you 4,000-1 odds!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thats more than sad , with judgement like that ,she would make a great lib dem leader - not

Anonymous said...

Hen, Whatever people think of Obama, his policies etc. There is one thing that is obvious was his mobilization of the American public! for heavens sake he even had White supremacists supporting him. What Obama has done is updated the old Democratic machine "precinct by precinct" He worked hard for it. I cannot see the same thing happening in Wales! I understand Plaid has only a membership of 7000. You want to do emulate Obama's success, then you got to work for it. Believe me political apathy has suddenly died in this country!

Hen Ferchetan said...

I'm always amazed by the American public's passion for politics. Although it can manifest itself in ugly ways we're in no way a position to criticise it when you look at the lack of political engagement here.